The Eagles made a roster move Tuesday, claiming wide receiver Josh Hammond off waivers from the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Here's what you need to know about the newest Eagle:
• Hammond is a 6-foot, 194-pound wide receiver who signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars as a rookie free agent out of Florida in 2020.
• The 23-year-old Hammond spent the past two seasons on the Jaguars' practice squad, but appeared in two games in 2021. He made his NFL debut in Week 16 against the Jets and was on the gameday roster for the Week 18 upset of the Colts. He played 13 snaps on offense in the two games.
• Hammond was the Jaguars' leading receiver in the 2021 preseason, with 12 catches for 124 yards.
• A native of Hallandale, Florida, Hammond appeared in 49 games (31 starts) for the Florida Gators and finished his college career with 87 catches for 1,138 receiving yards (13.1 avg.) and six touchdowns. He also accounted for a 76-yard rushing touchdown against Kentucky.
• Hammond is now one of 12 wide receivers on the Eagles' roster.