Dallas Cow Patties
- 5 lbs. ground beef
- 1 lb. Chorizo (Mexican sausage)
- 14 Ritz-type snack crackers (broken into small crumbs)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 10-15 Hamburger buns
- Dash Salt
- Dash Pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix well, using your hands to knead the ingredients together.
- Once all ingredients are mixed together, form into hamburger patties.
- Gently shape the ground chuck into burgers of equal size and thickness.
- Grill the burgers over Direct Medium heat (400 degrees Fahrenheit) until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit for medium doneness, approximately 10 to 12 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- During the last 30 seconds, grill the buns over Direct Medium heat until lightly toasted.
- Makes 10-15 patties, depending how big you make them.
- 10-inch Italian roll
- 6 oz. chipped eye roast or choice round
- 5 slices of white American cheese or Provolone or 3 oz. Cheese Whiz
- 2 oz. chopped onions
- 1 oz. olive oil
- Partially freeze the roast, then slice as thin as possible about 1/16 of an inch.
- Fry onions in olive oil. Add the meat. Chop it up as it cooks.
- If you are using American or Provolone cheese, mix the meat and onions together in a mound. Lay the cheese on and just before it starts to melt, lay the roll on top. Let cook for about 15 seconds and flip the whole thing over.
- If you are using Cheese Whiz, still mix the meat and onions, but slab the Cheese Whiz all over the roll and not on the pile of meat and onions.
- Some people like to pull the bread out of the roll. That's your choice.
Redskin Turkey Legs
- 4 turkey legs
- 1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- Combine soda, sugar, hot sauce, red pepper flakes, black pepper and onion slices in a large pot.
- Bring to a low boil and add turkey legs. Boil over a medium heat for about 30 minutes or until the turkey legs register an internal temperature of 165 degrees fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill. Place onion slices on the heated grill and put the turkey legs on top of the onion slices. Brush with honey and sprinkle with steak seasoning. Grill over a medium heat for about 15 minutes watching carefully to avoid burning. Turn as needed.
- The skin should be crispy red when the turkey legs are done.