Head Coach Nick Sirianni said on Friday afternoon that cornerback Darius Slay has been cleared from concussion protocol to play Sunday against the New York Giants. The Eagles, however, ruled out running back Jordan Howard due to a knee injury.
Howard is the only player out for the Eagles due to injury. Cornerback Tay Gowan, added to the injury report on Thursday, is questionable with a quad injury.
Meanwhile, here's a breakdown of the Giants' final injury report:
• FB Cullen Gillaspia (Calf)
• WR Sterling Shepard (Quad) – Big loss here as Shepard is second on the team with 32 receptions to go with 324 yards and a touchdown.
• TE Kaden Smith (Knee)
• TE Kyle Rudolph (Ankle) – The Giants' depth at tight end is a big question mark as the veteran did not practice all week.
• WR Kadarius Toney (Quad) – The first-round pick leads the Giants with 35 catches for 392 yards. Toney is also used on gadget plays as the Giants find different ways to get him the ball and for opposing defenses to focus on him. Toney did not practice all week.
• RB Saquon Barkley (Ankle) – Both Barkley and Ross were limited in practice all week.
• WR John Ross (Quad)
The Eagles held their first full practice of the week on Thanksgiving. Running back Jordan Howard was the only player who did not participate in practice. Cornerback Darius Slay (concussion) was limited. Slay was listed as someone who did not participate if the team held a full practice on Wednesday instead of a walkthrough. He'll need to be cleared in order to play Sunday against the Giants.
Linebacker Shaun Bradley (neck) and defensive end Josh Sweat (knee) were again limited on Thursday. Cornerback Tay Gowan was added to the injury report on Thursday as a limited participant with a quad injury. Everyone else was a full participant.
Eagles players returned to the NovaCare Complex on Wednesday to begin prep for Sunday's NFC East showdown with the New York Giants.
Head Coach Nick Sirianni held a walkthrough on Wednesday to help rest the players since the bye isn't until Week 14. Here is an estimated look at the injury report.
The Eagles placed linebacker Davion Taylor on the Injured Reserve list earlier on Wednesday. Sirianni announced that Taylor underwent knee surgery. Sirianni did not rule out a potential return for Taylor later this season.
Seven players appeared on the injury report for the Eagles.
Did Not Participate
• DT Fletcher Cox (Rest) – Typical rest day for the veteran.
• RB Jordan Howard (Knee) – Sirianni indicated on Monday that Howard could miss the game against the Giants.
• CB Darius Slay (Concussion) – Slay would need to be cleared to play on Sunday.
• LB Shaun Bradley (Neck) – Sirianni indicated that Bradley would be able to play.
• T Lane Johnson (Rest)
• C Jason Kelce (Rest)
• DE Josh Sweat (Knee)
6 Giants miss practice including 2 key offensive weapons
Two of the Giants' top receivers were among those who did not participate in Wednesday's practice – Sterling Shepard (quad) and first-round pick Kadarius Toney (quad). The top backups at tight end – Kyle Rudolph (ankle) and Kaden Smith (knee) also missed practice.
Four players were limited for the Giants: running back Saquon Barkley (ankle), linebacker Lorenzo Carter (ankle), cornerback Adoree' Jackson (quad), and wide receiver John Ross (quad).
Three Giants starters are on Injured Reserve: guard Shane Lemieux, linebacker Blake Martinez, and safety Jabrill Peppers, and another – defensive back Logan Ryan – is currently on the COVID-19 list.
Check out the best photos featuring the defense from the win over the Saints.