Here are some notes that I took from Sunday's win over the Jaguars as the team sets its sights on this week's showdown with the Washington Redskins.
• Linebacker Akeem Jordan played his best game of the year. I hope that is a sign of things to come. He was active and aggressive. He almost picked off a screen pass.
• Nate Allen got his first NFL sack. He continues to make something good happen in every game.
• Stewart Bradley didn't post big numbers, but you can't ignore the impact that his presence makes to the middle of our defense.
• Jamar Chaney played some snaps on defense. He had a tackle-for-loss. He also had the best WWE move of the game when he body-slammed a Jaguars player.
• Jason Avant didn't catch a pass, but his blocking helped quite a bit on some plays. He is a great role player.
• Our kickoff coverage was improved. That was a step in the right direction. We did give up one long punt return, but that was due to one player failing to maintain his lane integrity.
• I thought our blitz protection was better. Vick had a clean pocket for most of his big throws. This wasn't like last week where he was running for his life at times.
• Jorrick Calvin got some work as the punt returner. He has very quick feet and is an extremely nimble player. He's got a lot of potential. We need to work on his decision-making. He fielded a punt inside the 5-yard line.
-- Posted by Tommy Lawlor, 9:30 a.m., September 29