The Philadelphia Eagles announced their 2015 regular season schedule. For the second consecutive season, the team will be featured in six nationally televised games, including their second straight appearance on Thanksgiving Day. Additionally, the Eagles will appear in primetime in three straight games from October 19 through November 8 and will have three consecutive home games (Weeks 14-16) in the month of December for the first time in franchise history.
The Eagles kick off the 2015 season on ESPN's Monday Night Football for the second time in three years as they travel to the Georgia Dome to square off against the Atlanta Falcons (Monday, September 14). The team will return to Philadelphia in Week 2 as the Eagles welcome Dallas to Lincoln Financial Field for an NFC East showdown in its home opener (Sunday, September 20).
The 2015 schedule for the Philadelphia Eagles has been announced. The schedule features six nationally televised games and a second consecutive Thanksgiving Day game ...
Following the team's home opener, the Eagles will hit the road for back-to-back weeks as they take on the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium (Sunday, September 27) – the first regular-season meeting between the two teams at the stadium – and Washington (Sunday, October 4).
The Birds will return to Philadelphia in Week 5 for the first of a two-game homestand against New Orleans (Sunday, October 11) before returning to primetime in Week 6 against the New York Giants in a Monday-night matchup (Monday, October 19). The following week, the Eagles will be featured on NBC's Sunday Night Football against the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte (Sunday, October 25).
Following the team's bye in Week 8, Philadelphia will return to Sunday Night Football for a second consecutive game as they close out its season series at Dallas (Sunday, November 8). The team will then welcome two opponents from the state of Florida to Philadelphia as they face Miami (Sunday, November 15) and Tampa Bay (Sunday, November 22) at Lincoln Financial Field.
For the seventh time in franchise history and the second time in as many years, the Eagles will take part in the NFL's Thanksgiving Day festivities as the team travels to Detroit in a nationally-televised showdown (Thursday, November 26). The following week, Philadelphia will travel to Foxborough to battle the defending Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots (Sunday, December 6).
The Eagles will begin the final quarter of the regular season with a three-game homestand from Weeks 14-16, squaring off against Buffalo (Sunday, December 13), Arizona (Sunday, December 20) and Washington (Saturday, December 26) before closing out the regular season against the New York Giants at MetLife Stadium in Week 17 (Sunday, January 3).
Single-game tickets for all 10 Eagles home games will go on sale on Wednesday, May 13 at 10 am. Fans can purchase tickets at that time by visiting PhiladelphiaEagles.com, Ticketmaster.com or by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000. Prices range from $75 - $130 and there is a four-ticket limit per household. Standing-room-only tickets are $55.
Other scheduling notes:
- Primetime Players: Philadelphia has five primetime games on its 2015 schedule, including two on Monday Night Football (Week 1 at Atlanta & Week 6 vs. New York Giants), two on Sunday Night Football (Week 7 at Carolina & Week 9 at Dallas) and one on NFL Network (Week 16 vs. Washington).
- Opening Day: The Eagles will kick off its regular season slate on ESPN's Monday Night Football for the second time in three seasons as they face the Atlanta Falcons at the Georgia Dome. The Birds have won each of their last four regular-season openers and six of their last seven.
- Monday Night Matchups: The Eagles will open their road schedule on Monday Night Football for the third straight season and have won the previous two.
- Thanksgiving Tradition: The Eagles will travel to Detroit for a Thanksgiving Day showdown in Week 12, the team's second consecutive Thanksgiving Day game and the seventh in franchise history. Philadelphia is 6-0 all time on Thanksgiving Day.
- Super Matchup: Philadelphia has squared off against the defending Super Bowl Champions in two of the last three seasons and will do so again in 2015 when they visit the New England Patriots in Week 13.
- Same Place, New Face: While the Eagles have faced the Jets at MetLife Stadium during the preseason, Week 3 will mark the first regular-season meeting between the two teams at the MetLife. The Eagles are 9-0 all-time against the Jets in the regular season. The only other team the Eagles have not lost to in the regular season is the Houston Texans (4-0).
- Infrequent Fliers: After travelling 17,530 miles to and from away games during the 2014 regular season, the Eagles will have a much shorter distance to travel in 2015, accumulating just 6,820 miles to opponents' stadiums, per travelmath.com. Philadelphia will only leave the Eastern Time Zone once during the 2015 season with a trip to Dallas (Week 9).
- New Preseason Home: NBC10 will be the new home of Eagles preseason football and will air all four of the team's games. Additionally, NBC10 will host a pregame, halftime and postgame show on the network.
2015 Preseason Schedule Date Time Opponent TV Radio Sun, Aug. 16 1:00 PM IndianapolisColts NBC10 94 WIP Sat, Aug. 22 7:00 PM BaltimoreRavens NBC10 94 WIP Sat, Aug. 29 8:00 PM at Green Bay
NBC10 94 WIP Thu, Sep. 3 7:00 PM at New York
NBC10 94 WIP 2015 Regular Season Schedule Date Time Opponent TV Radio Mon, Sep. 14 7:10 PM at Atlanta
ESPN 94 WIP Sun, Sep. 20 4:25 PM Dallas Cowboys FOX 94 WIP Sun, Sep. 27 1:00 PM at New York
FOX 94 WIP Sun, Oct. 4 1:00 PM at Washington
FOX 94 WIP Sun, Oct. 11 1:00 PM New OrleansSaints FOX 94 WIP Mon, Oct. 19 8:30 PM New YorkGiants ESPN 94 WIP Sun, Oct. 25 8:30 PM at Carolina
NBC 94 WIP Sun, Nov. 1 Bye Week Sun, Nov. 8 8:30 PM at Dallas
NBC 94 WIP Sun, Nov. 15 1:00 PM MiamiDolphins CBS 94 WIP Sun, Nov. 22 1:00 PM Tampa BayBuccaneers FOX 94 WIP Thu, Nov. 26 12:30 PM at Detroit
FOX 94 WIP Sun, Dec. 6 4:25 PM at New England
FOX 94 WIP Sun, Dec. 13 1:00 PM BuffaloBills CBS 94 WIP Sun, Dec. 20 1:00 PM ArizonaCardinals FOX 94 WIP Sat, Dec. 26 8:25 PM WashingtonRedskins NFLN 94 WIP Sun, Jan. 3 1:00 PM at New York
FOX 94 WIP