The Eagles are 6-0 for only the third time in franchise history and the first since 2004 after knocking off the Dallas Cowboys 26-17. Check out the recap of the game below!
The Eagles won the toss and deferred to the second half.
• After Meek Mill performed just before kickoff to get the crowd excited, the defense forced a quick three-and-out. Kyzir White broke up a pass attempt to CeeDee Lamb on second down, and on third-and-2 Ezekiel Elliott was stuffed for a short gain.
• The Eagles got a first down on a slant from Jalen Hurts to DeVonta Smith. But a Dorance Armstrong sack derailed the drive and forced the Eagles to punt with 10:56 left in the first quarter.
• The Cowboys get their first first down of the game after Cooper Rush's 8-yard pass to Tony Pollard, but that's it after safety Marcus Epps made a diving breakup on third-and-4 on a pass intended for tight end Peyton Hendershot. Eagles take over at their own 20 with 7:31 left in the quarter.
• The first explosive play for the Eagles' offense comes from ... tight end Jack Stoll. Hurts hit the tight end on a short crosser for a gain of 21 yards. The Eagles attempt their first fourth-down attempt, on fourth-and-3 from the Cowboys' 38, and converted it as Hurts completed a short pass to A.J. Brown for a gain of 11 to the Dallas 27. Hurts extended the drive once again with a QB sneak on third-and-1 to get the ball to the 16-yard line. On a fourth-and-4, the Eagles kept the offense on the field and drew a neutral zone infraction. The Eagles' drive will resume to start of the second quarter with first-and-goal from the Cowboys' 5-yard line.
The Eagles remain undefeated after hosting the Dallas Cowboys at Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday Night Football.
• The Eagles wasted no time cashing in to open the second quarter. Miles Sanders scored on a 5-yard run up the middle and after the extra point, it's 7-0 Eagles. It was a 15-play, 80 drive that ate 7:36 off the clock.
• On Dallas' first play after going down 7-0, cornerback James Bradberry tipped the ball into the air and it was picked off by C.J. Gardner-Johnson. Eagles take over at the Dallas 44.
• The Eagles capitalize on the turnover by first gashing the Cowboys on the ground with runs by Miles Sanders and Boston Scott. Then, on a third-and-3, Hurts hits A.J. Brown for a 15-yard touchdown. It was the same play as the fourth-down conversion from the first quarter. Brown ran left to right in the backfield and put Micah Parsons in a bind, making it an easy completion for Hurts. Brown bullied his way into the end zone to make it 14-0 with 10:40 remaining.
• The Eagles forced a turnover on downs on the Cowboys' next drive as Dallas went for it on fourth-and-1. Instead of relying on the ground game, Rush's attempt to Hendershot was broken up by Bradberry.
• IT'S GOOOOOOOD! The Eagles tacked on a 51-yard field goal after the turnover on downs in Jake Elliott's first attempt back after missing the win over the Cardinals with an ankle injury.
• BIG PLAY SLAY!!! On third-and-9, Rush's attempt down the middle for Michael Gallup was picked off by Slay. Eagles take over up 17-0 at the Dallas 46.
• The Eagles extended their lead to 20-0 after Elliott's second field goal of the game, a 34-yarder, with 1:47 left in the first half. And, yes, the Eagles get the ball to start the second half.
• The ONLY thing that could get Dallas back into this – a 62-yard kickoff return by KaVontae Turpin to give the Cowboys the ball at the Eagles' 41. Elliott converted a third-and-1 with a 9-yard run up the middle to give the Cowboys a first-and-10 at the Eagles' 12-yard line. The Cowboys were on the scoreboard briefly when Noah Brown brought down a ridiculous 12-yard pass down the left sideline in front of Bradberry, but the receiver didn't get both feet in bounds and the play was reversed after a replay review. On third-and-10, Rush went after Bradberry again, but the corner broke up the pass. The Cowboys settled for a field goal to make it 20-3 with 29 seconds left in the half.
• No official word on any injury, but Jack Driscoll went in for Lane Johnson at right tackle. The Eagles ran one play before ending the half up 20-3.
• Lane Johnson is officially out for the rest of the night with a concussion. Driscoll remains in at right tackle. First play from scrimmage, Hurts rolls right and hits Dallas Goedert for a 14-yard gain. The crossers have given the Cowboys fits all night. However, the offense stalls from there and the Eagles are forced to punt.
• The Cowboys have scored 10 straight points to climb back into the ballgame. Dallas gave Philly a taste of its own medicine with misdirection plays capped off by a 14-yard touchdown run by Elliott. It's now 20-10 with 8:19 remaining in the third quarter.
• Another injury to watch: safety C.J. Gardner-Johnson went to the locker room after a 3-yard run by Tony Pollard on that touchdown drive. He was replaced by K'Von Wallace. The team announced that Ceedy is questionable to return with a hand injury.
• Looking for a spark, the Eagles were set to face a third-and-10 until Cowboys linebacker Micah Parsons was called for taunting. That gave the Eagles a first down, but they couldn't capitalize and were still forced to punt.
• Gardner-Johnson returned in the middle of the next Dallas drive.
• Dallas' drive continues from the Eagles' 12-yard line. On the first snap, Slay was called for illegal contact to give the Cowboys a goal-to-go situation from the 7-yard line. The Cowboys capped off the drive on the next play with a touchdown pass from Rush to Jake Ferguson. All of a sudden, it's 20-17 with 14:39 left in the game. Dallas' drive went 15 plays for 93 yards in 7:07.
• Protecting their three-point lead, the Eagles come out running the ball. Sanders gained 13 yards on the first play of the drive. Later, on third-and-3, Hurts escaped pressure in the pocket to gain the first down. Facing another third-and-4, Kenneth Gainwell got the handoff from Hurts out of shotgun and muscled his way for the first down conversion. On third-and-1, Hurts kept the ball on a sneak to move the chains, but left guard Landon Dickerson came out after the play and was replaced by Sua Opeta. Finally, a breakthrough, as Hurts connects with Brown, who spins off the defender, and gains 22 yards. On the next play, Hurts found a wide-open DeVonta Smith in the end zone for the touchdown. Note that Dickerson returned by the end of the drive.
• Dallas cornerback Trevon Diggs was frustrated after the touchdown and spiked his helmet, drawing an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. The Eagles accept the penalty and go for the two-point conversion, but Sanders was stuffed at the line of scrimmage. It's 26-17 with 7:02 remaining in the game.
• Brandon Graham picked a great time to apply pressure to Rush! On second-and-8 from the Dallas 40, Graham hit Rush and the pass deep down the left sideline intended for Lamb was picked off by Gardner-Johnson, who made a GREAT diving grab to get the ball back for the Eagles. It's Ceedy's second interception of the night.
• The Eagles are unable to tack on to the lead as on third-and-7, Kelce snapped the ball to Hurts in the shotgun, but the quarterback wasn't ready for the ball. Hurts recovered, but the Eagles punted the ball away to the 12-yard line with 2:39 remaining.
• The Cowboys settled for a 59-yard attempt on fourth-and-10 from the Eagles' 41 and Brett Maher missed wide right to end the comeback attempt.