The opening quarter of the Eagles' preseason debut finished with the Birds leading the Green Bay Packers 6-0. Quarterback Carson Wentz was on the field for only one drive ,but it was a successful one as the team converted a fourth down on the way to a 38-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Mack Hollins.
Here's what happened:
• On the Eagles' first third down of the night, quarterback Carson Wentz found Jordan Matthews on a short pass to the right for a gain of 6 yards. On the play, Matthews spun away from a tackle.
• With just under 11 minutes to go, quarterback Carson Wentz was taken down by linebacker Nick Perry for a loss of 8 yards on the play, making it second-and-18.
• At the 10:11 mark, Packers' cornerback Damarious Randall was injured and taken off the field after a 9-yard rush from running back LeGarrette Blount.
• A few plays later, the Eagles went for it on fourth down and once again Wentz and Matthews connected for a 7-yard pass down the middle for an Eagles first down on Green Bay's 42 yards line.
• The Eagles struck first as Carson Wentz found rookie wide receiver Mack Hollins along the sideline who broke tackles from Packers cornerbacks Kevin King and Quinten Rollins before Hollins tipped along the sidelines and took it 38 yards for an Eagles touchdown.
• Head coach Doug Pederson elected to go for the two-point conversion following the score, but Wentz's pass sailed too high for wide receiver Nelson Agholor.
• With 5:51 to go in the first, Ty Montgomery was brought down defensive tackle Fletcher Cox and linebacker Jordan Hicks which forced a fumble that was recovered by cornerback Patrick Robinson at the Green Bay 27-yard line.
• On fourth-and 1, running back Corey Clement was stuffed short by leading to a turnover on downs at the Green Bay 7 yard line with just over 2 minutes left.
Carson Wentz finished the quarter going 4 of 4 for 56 yards and a touchdown, totaling a perfect quarterback rating of 158.3.
The Eagles fell to the Packers in their first preseason game in Green Bay. Check out these photos from the road...