The Eagles dominated the Tennessee Titans for a 35-10 victory at Lincoln Financial Field. Quarterback Jalen Hurts was magnificent, throwing for 380 yards and three touchdowns and rushing for another before he was taken out of the game midway through the fourth quarter.
Wide receivers A.J. Brown and DeVonta Smith each went for over 100 yards and combined for the three receiving touchdowns.
Defensively, Titans running back Derrick Henry gained just 30 yards on 11 carries and quarterback Ryan Tannehill was sacked six times.
• Titans won the coin toss and deferred. Eagles will receive the opening kickoff.
• The Eagles wasted no time jumping on the Titans' vaunted defense utilizing the pass attack. The Eagles overcame two false start penalties before gaining a first down. On 3rd-and-8, the Eagles motioned Kenneth Gainwell into the backfield to show that it was man coverage. Quarterback Jalen Hurts connected with DeVonta Smith on a cross route for 20 yards. Two plays later, Hurts hit Gainwell on a short pass over the middle, and Gainwell put a spin move on linebacker Dylan Cole before gaining 14 yards. Two plays later, Hurts hit Smith again, this time for 34 yards and a touchdown. Eagles lead 7-0 with 12:03 left in the first quarter.
• Three-and-out for the Eagles' defense! The defense opened in a 5-2 front with Linval Joseph at nose tackle and Derrick Henry was stopped for a 2-yard gain. The Eagles went to a 4-man front on second down and Henry gained 4 yards. On 3rd down, out of a 4-man front, Haason Reddick created the initial pressure and Javon Hargrave finished off quarterback Ryan Tannehill for the sack. It was Hargrave's 8th of the season, a new career high. Eagles take over following the punt at their own 28 with 9:52 left in the quarter.
• Eagles go three-and-out on second drive. After two rushing attempts, Hurts' third-down attempt to Smith on an out route fell short and incomplete.
• On the punt, Christian Elliss, elevated from the practice squad for today's game, came flying down to make a CRUSHING hit on C.J. Board. Titans take over at own 29 with 8:15 remaining.
• A scary scene in Philadelphia as rookie wide receiver Treylon Burks was injured after catching a 25-yard touchdown pass out of the slot. Burks went up over cornerback Josiah Scott for the catch and safety Marcus Epps leveled him, drawing an unnecessary roughness penalty. Burks appeared to be unconscious, but walked off under his own power. The scoring drive was fueled by two key scrambles by Tannehill – a 17-yarder and an 8-yarder that came on 4th-and-7. It's 7-7 with 2:47 remaining in the quarter. UPDATE: Burks is being evaluated for a concussion.
• The first quarter ends with the Eagles on the move. Quez Watkins gained 16 yards on a crossing route and Brown gained a first down off an in-breaking route. A potential big gain was negated as Isaac Seumalo's holding penalty wiped away a pass interference call on Titans cornerback Roger McCreary.
• A storyline to watch: 6 accepted penalties on the Eagles in the first quarter.
• The first play of the second quarter appeared to be a tip-toe grab by Smith along the sideline, but the Titans challenged and won. On the review, it appeared that the ball might have moved when Smith hit the ground. Not a problem, as Hurts connects with tight end Jack Stoll over the middle for 25 yards.
• It looked like Brown exacted revenge against his former team with a 40-yard touchdown pass down the right sideline, but the second foot did not stay in bounds. It would have been an ABSURDLY RIDICULOUS catch. No matter, on the very next snap, Brown goes down the left side, cornerback Kristian Fulton made incidental contact and went to the ground, and the wide receiver was WIDE OPEN for the easy score. It's 14-7 with 13:55 left in the half.
• Three-and-out for the Eagles' defense! On 3rd down, Fletcher Cox and Haason Reddick executed a stunt to flush Tannehill out of the pocket to his left. When Tannehill reset to throw, Cox was there to wrap him up for the sack.
• Britain Covey gives the Eagles great field position with a career-high 20-yard return to the Eagles' 43.
• On the first play of the offense's drive, defensive end Mario Edwards was called for unnecessary roughness after landing on Hurts' head. However, Andre Dillard had to go in for Landon Dickerson at left guard.
• Injury Update: Fulton suffered a groin injury on the Brown TD catch. His return is questionable.
• Continuing the offense's drive, Hurts appeared to have gained a first down on a 3rd-and-4 run to the left side for a gain of 5 yards, but center Jason Kelce was called for holding. On 3rd-and-14, linebacker Bud Dupree was called for roughing the passer on Hurts to extend the drive. Dickerson returned to the game at left guard. Three plays later, Hurts was not careful with the ball while trying to buy time and it was stripped by Dupree. Tackle Jordan Mailata was there to recover, but instead of being in potential field goal range, the Eagles had to punt.
• Who would have thought that Tannehill would be the Titans' most dangerous runner? He scrambled for 9 yards and a first down. Cornerback James Bradberry will be kicking himself as he nearly had a pick-six. He jumped a screen pass intended for tight end Chik Okwonkwo. The Titans converted the 3rd-and-5 with a pass to tight end Austin Hooper with cornerback Zech McPhearson on the field in a dime package. On the next play, Tannehill, on play-action, hit Okonkwo over the middle – Epps missed a tackle – and the tight end gained 41 yards to the Eagles' 17-yard line. On 3rd-and-6, Josh Sweat sacked Tannehill to hold the Titans to a 36-yard field goal. It's 14-10, Eagles, with 3:28 left in the half.
• Key injury to watch for the Titans – linebacker David Long is questionable to return for the Titans with a hamstring injury.
• After the 2-minute warning, Gainwell makes back-to-back plays – one rush, one reception – for 23 yards. Then, Brown – after going deep on a scramble drill – drew a pass interference penalty on Tre Avery to get the ball to the 6-yard line. Two plays later, Hurts outraces the defense to the right side for the 2-yard touchdown. It's 21-10 with 51 seconds left in the half.
• The Titans have not allowed more than 20 points in a game since Week 3. The Eagles have 21 in the first half.
• Eagles force a quick three-and-out. Reed Blankenship had a pass breakup and a third-down tackle. Blankenship is starting for the first time in his career with C.J. Gardner-Johnson injured. Eagles have the ball at their own 26 with 26 seconds left and two timeouts.
• The first half ended with Hurts dumping the ball off to Smtih, who had a caravan and gained 34 yards to the Titans' 17-yard line before he was stopped. Titans get the ball to open the second half.
• Eagles lose a challenge to start the third quarter. T.J. Edwards knocked the ball out of Robert Woods' arm and it looked like it might have been a fumble but the initial call of incomplete pass stood. On 3rd down, Sweat and Reddick teamed up for the sack.
• Britain Covey set another career high, this time with a 28-yard punt return to midfield.
• OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG Brown made a potential catch of the year, a 29-yard touchdown grab in the end zone with Tre Avery draped all over him.
• What disrespect, Brandon Graham gets a sack with a tight end matched up against him. Another three-and-out for the defense.
• Covey is having a day. Elliss springs the returner for a 25-yard gain to get the ball to the 37 with 9:36 left in the half.
• Three-and-out for the offense. On 3rd-and-12, Hurts went deep down the left sideline for Smith in one-on-one coverage, but the pass was incomplete.
• Injury Updates for the Titans: Both Burks (head) and Long (hamstring) were downgraded to out.
• On the first play of the next series, linebacker Kyzir White was injured on the 3-yard run by Henry. Nakobe Dean entered the game for White. After a Nate Davis holding penalty, the Titans eventually faced a 3rd-and-11 – Sweat and Reddick once again teamed up on the sack to end the drive.
• The offense is fortunate that the penalties have not made a significant impact. After a holding penalty on Dickerson, Hurts threaded the ball over the middle to Grant Calcaterra for 19 yards. On 3rd-and-1, Miles Sanders got the first down with a strong second effort. Wide receiver Quez Watkins suffered a shoulder injury (return questionable) on a trick play that netted 3 yards. The Eagles set up for 3rd-and-1 from the Titans' 15-yard line, but Hurts committed a false start which ended the quarter.
• Injury Update: Linebacker Shaun Bradley is questionable to return with a hamstring injury.
• After a 5-yard pass to Zach Pascal, Hurts converted on a 4th-and-1 sneak to get the ball to the 13. The Eagles were set to attempt a field goal, but the Titans went offsides to make it 4th-and-1 at the 4. The Eagles went for it – a QB sneak, of course – and got the first down. On the next play, Sanders scored from 3 yards out on a run up the middle.
• Defense force another three-and-out keyed by a holding penalty on center Ben Jones. Reddick continued to bring the heat with a couple of hurries on the play.
• Gardner Minshew is in at quarterback with 9:40 remaining and the Eagles up by 25.