To commemorate tonight's 75th anniversary edition of the NFL draft, the NFL asked fans to vote for the 75 most valuable draft picks of all time. The program generated over 44 million votes and the top 10 highest vote getters will be announced tonight.
Only one Eagle, safety Brian Dawkins, made the list of 75 players, coming in as the 62nd most valuable draft pick in the 75 years of the draft. Here's a look at the top 10 most valuable Eagles draft picks of all time, as voted on by the fans. You'll notice a distinct historical flavor to the list and the conspicuous absences of both Donovan McNabb (taken second overall in 1999) and Brian Westbrook (chosen 91st overall in 2002).
- S Brian Dawkins, 2nd Round (61st overall) in 1996
- QB Sonny Jurgensen, 4th Round (43rd overall) in 1957
- LB Chuck Bednarik, 1st Round (first overall) in 1949
- DB Eric Allen, 2nd Round (30th overall) in 1988
- HB Steve Van Buren, 1st Round (fifth overall) in 1944
- DE Clyde Simmons, 9th Round (233rd overall) in 1956
- WR Tommy McDonald, 3rd Round (31st overall) in 1957
- OT Bob Brown, 1st Round (2nd overall) in 1964
- E Pete Pihos, 5th Round (41st overall) in 1945
- LB Maxie Baughan, 2nd Round (20th overall) in 1960
Make sure to watch Eagles Draft Live! presented by Dietz & Watson tonight on PhiladelphiaEagles.com to follow along with the draft. And who knows, maybe someone picked tonight will be on the 100th anniversary list of most valuable draft picks.
-- Posted by Bo Wulf, 5:19 p.m., April 22