The Eagles activated five prominent players on offense, defense, and special teams off the Injured Reserve list on Saturday ahead of the prime-time battle with the Dallas Cowboys.
• LB T.J. Edwards – The Eagles placed Nathan Gerry on Injured Reserve on Friday with an ankle injury, so Edwards' return to the middle comes at a perfect time. Edwards suffered a hamstring injury in the win over the 49ers. Edwards played primarily in the base package, so it will be interesting to see who the subpackage linebackers are with the Cowboys playing predominately in three-receiver sets.
• S Rudy Ford – Special teams captain Craig James is out with a quadricep injury, so Ford's return is also at a critical time. Like Edwards, Ford suffered a hamstring injury in the win over the 49ers. Ford played a combined 44 snaps on special teams in the first two games of the season. He's battled injuries since.
• TE Dallas Goedert – Goedert suffered an ankle injury in the Week 3 game against the Bengals. The Eagles have since lost Zach Ertz to an ankle injury as well. Richard Rodgers stepped up in a huge way against the Giants. It will be interesting to see if the Eagles play more 11 personnel (three wide receivers) or 12 (two tight ends) now that Goedert is back in the lineup.
• T Jason Peters – Head Coach Doug Pederson intimated on Friday that Peters will return to left tackle against the Cowboys. Jordan Mailata started there the past four contests. "If Jason Peters starts at left tackle, it allows Jordan to see big picture, as well, and kind of step back and observe that way and sometimes that helps young players, too," Pederson said. Peters was placed on Injured Reserve just before the Week 4 win over the 49ers with a foot injury.
• WR Jalen Reagor – The rookie first-round pick suffered a thumb injury in Week 2 against the Rams. He had five catches for 96 yards in the first two games of the season. Reagor will help since DeSean Jackson went on Injured Reserve with an ankle injury earlier this week. Sunday night will be the first time Reagor and breakout player Travis Fulgham play together in a game.
The Eagles already had four open spots on the active roster. To make space for one more player, the Eagles waived tight end Hakeem Butler. The Eagles signed Butler off the Panthers' practice squad on September 29.
The Eagles also elevated two players from the practice squad for Sunday night's game – cornerback Michael Jacquet and defensive tackle Raequan Williams. Both players originally signed with the Eagles as rookie free agents. This is the first time that the Eagles elevated them to the active roster. The Eagles are without James as well as Cre'Von LeBlanc (quadricep injury) at cornerback. The Eagles placed defensive tackle Hassan Ridgeway (bicep) on Injured Reserve this week and Malik Jackson is returning from a quadricep injury.