The Eagles announced on Monday that center/guard Nate Herbig signed his restricted free agent tender. Here are five things you need to know about Herbig.
1. Herbig originally signed with the Eagles as a rookie free agent out of Stanford in 2019 and made the Week 1 roster out of Training Camp. He was a preseason first-team All-America selection and a second-team All-Pac-12 choice in his final season on campus.
2. The 6-foot-4, 334-pound Herbig has played three different positions (both guard spots and center) in his three seasons with the Eagles.
3. Herbig has started five regular-season games at left guard and 12 at right guard in his career. Overall, he's played 34 games (including playoffs) with 17 starts.
4. Last season, Herbig 43 percent of the snaps on offense over a career-best 16 games. The Eagles led the league in rushing yards (159.7 yards per game), rushing TDs (25), and explosive plays (163). The Eagles' 2,715 rushing yards set a new franchise single-season record.
5. In 2020, Herbig started a career-high 12 games and played 891 offensive snaps, second most among all Eagles offensive linemen. He appeared in two games during his rookie season of 2019.