Stay here all afternoon for complete updates from the practice fields at Lehigh University. The updates will be provided by Bob Kent (BK), Chris McPherson (CM) and Bo Wulf (BW)
- 3:19 PM - We're on the way to the practice fields now. We'll be here with updates shortly. (CM)
- 3:35 PM - The Eagles kicked off the afternoon session with work on kickoffs and kickoff returns. The shifty Danny Amendola is being used as the primary returner of the Ken Parrish kickoffs, most of which are landing inside the 5-yard line (BW).
- 3:55 PM - A very welcome sight on the practice fields as Brian Westbrook is out rehabbing under the goal posts as Ken Parrish field goals sail over the top of the Eagles star running back. So far Westbrook has primarily been stretching his back and legs on a red balance ball, and looks very comfortable in his long sleeve white shirt and hat. It's definitely an encouraging sign to have Brian Westbrook making progress directly parallel to where LeSean McCoy and the other running backs in camp are partaking in their position drills (BW).
- 4:05 PM - After finishing his stretching, Westbrook jogged around the perimeter of the practice field with head athletic trainer Rick Burkholder. The two then went through a series of running drills, increasing speed and distance each time. He's obviously not going full speed yet, but there are no noticeable limps hampering Westbrook's form. From my eyes, it's hard to imagine Westbrook not being ready for the start of the season, and hopefully sooner (BW).
- 4:15 PM- Another note from this afternoon's practice is that Donovan McNabb is sitting out the session for undisclosed reasons. We'll keep you posted when we get more information (CM and BW).
- 4:21 PM- It looks like Westbrook's workout has come to a close as Westbrook is now getting his lower body stretched out. He worked out for over a half hour, and although little can be gleaned from Westbrook's session, it's no doubt a good sign to see him on the field in some capacity on the first day of training camp (BW).
- 4:48 PM - Word is in on McNabb: He was excused for personal reasons and will be back tomorrow morning, so no worries there.
- 4:52 PM - Some quick notes and observations from the red zone 7 vs. 7 drill that closed out the first day of Eagles training camp. Macho Harris continued to get reps at both safety and cornerback, facing off against the slot receiver when he wasn't lined up deep. It's hard to make any concrete observations before they put the pads on, but LeSean McCoy really has been playing at a different speed than the other guys on the field. Two other guys that continued their solid days were Danny Amendola, who has displayed a suddenness in motion that has been fun to watch, and Marcus Mailei, the undrafted rookie FB from Weber State. Mailei has exhibited an impressive ability to catch out of the backfield so far, and made a nice catch falling down in the end zone on the final play of the day. He faces an uphill battle to make the roster, but he's impressed me with his soft hands.