The Eagles are proud to announce that running back LeSean McCoy and tackle Jason Peters have been selected to the 2014 Pro Bowl. Below is a list of each player's accomplishments in 2013 ...
• His second Pro Bowl berth. Only five other Eagles running backs have earned Pro Bowl honors more than once: Tim Brown (three), Bill Barnes (three), Brian Westbrook (two), Ricky Watters (two) and Wilbert Montgomery (two)
• At 25 years old, McCoy is the third-youngest Eagles running back to earn two Pro Bowl nods behind Barnes and Montgomery
• His sixth Pro Bowl berth and fourth as an Eagle
• Has garnered the second-most Pro Bowl nominations by an offensive lineman in Eagles history behind Chuck Bednarik (eight), who did so as a two-way player at center and linebacker
• Since Peters' first Pro Bowl selection in 2007, only Cleveland's Joe Thomas (currently six and will be seven if voted in this season) has been selected to as many Pro Bowls as a tackle
In addition, quarterback Nick Foles was named a first alternate to the Pro Bowl. Guard Evan Mathis and wide receiver DeSean Jackson were both second alternates.
The 2014 Pro Bowl will be held at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu on Sunday, January 26. Of course, if the Eagles are playing in the Super Bowl they will not be able to participate.
This is the first year where there is no conference designation. Eighty-eight players were selected and there will be a draft to pick teams in the week leading up to the game.