Led by a defensive shutout in the second half and two rushing touchdowns by quarterback Jalen Hurts, the Eagles fought back to defeat the Chiefs 21-17 on Monday Night Football.
The Eagles won the turnover battle, forcing an interception and fumble, both in the red zone. Jalen Hurts and D'Andre Swift rushed for a combined 105 yards and three touchdowns to carry the offensive attack.
"It felt good to get a win against a really good football team in a hostile environment," said Eagles Head Coach Nick Sirianni.
Find out how the game unfolded:
- SACK! Haason Reddick got home to take down Patrick Mahomes on the second play of the game, for a loss of 9 yards. The Eagles' defense forced a three-and-out on the Chiefs' opening drive.
- After the Eagles went three-and-out themselves, the Chiefs used a strong run game to march down the field for the first seven points of the game. Mahomes extended the play on third-and-goal from the 3-yard line to find Justin Watson wide open in the back of the end zone. (Chiefs 7 - Eagles 0)
- TOUCHDOWN! What a drive from D'Andre Swift! The running back bounced to the outside on first-and-goal from the 4-yard line to find the end zone. Swift rushed for 29 yards on the drive, with his longest run of 17 setting up the touchdown. Jake Elliott nailed his kick off the left upright and through! (Eagles 7 - Chiefs 7)
- Jalen Hurts had his pass intercepted by L'Jarius Sneed. A.J. Brown then stripped the football from the cornerback, but it was ruled that Sneed was down by contact.
- INTERCEPTION! Kevin Byard picked off Mahomes in the end zone for his first interception as an Eagle! The veteran read the route perfectly, taking it out of the air before it found Watson's hands again.
- "Bringing Byard along, the ball magnet, he caught a pick," cornerback Darius Slay said. "He did a great job on (Travis) Kelce today. He made a lot of plays on him today. We appreciate him."
- After poor coverage on a punt put the Chiefs in great field position, the hosts quickly went down the field to retake the lead. Mahomes once again throws a touchdown on third-and-goal to a tight end, this time finding Travis Kelce for the score. (Chiefs 14 - Eagles 7)
- The Chiefs added another three points with two seconds left, making it 10 points scored after the two-minute warning. Harrison Butker nailed his 43-yard kick to end the half. (Chiefs 17 - Eagles 7)
- The Eagles started the second half with a three-and-out on offense after three straight runs.
- TOUCHDOWN! Hurts darted his way into the end zone on third down for a 10-yard score! The play was set up by another magical Swift run for 35 yards as he hustled his way around numerous defenders. (Chiefs 17 - Eagles 14)
- "It is truly a game of inches, whether it be hitting a block, hitting a crease, or finding a hole; we found a way," Hurts said.
- FUMBLE! Cornerback Bradley Roby, back in the lineup after being sidelined with a shoulder injury, punched the ball loose out of the hands of Kelce. Linebacker Nicholas Morrow recovered the fumble as the Chiefs turned the ball over for the second time in the red zone.
- "We really stepped up big in the red zone," Slay said. "That punchout by Robe (Bradley Roby) was one of the big game changers. Both red zone turnovers were big. I think the turnovers we got in the red zone really changed the game."
- TOUCHDOWN! The Brotherly Shove made its way to Monday Night Football! Hurts powered across the line for his second rushing touchdown of the evening. Two big plays put the Birds in great field position. First, Swift took a screen pass for 20 yards. Then, Hurts connected with DeVonta Smith with a 41-yard pass to the Chiefs 1-yard line. (Eagles 21 - Chiefs 17)
- "It was a great catch by him," Hurts said. "Timely play in the game. You make those plays when you need to make those plays."
- DEFENSE! Zach Cunningham knocked down Mahomes' pass on third-and-12 to force a three-and-out!
- "We knew, going against Coach (Andy) Reid, it was going to be one of those gritty games," said defensive end Brandon Graham, who played for the former Eagles head coach. "I am proud of the team, we did not flinch."
- DEFENSE! On fourth-and-25, Mahomes fired a dart to Watson that fell incomplete. Josh Sweat forced Mahomes to commit an intentional grounding penalty one play earlier on third-and-10 when he applied pressure on the quarterback. The Eagles iced out the final seconds of the game to improve to 9-1.
- "For the defense to get a shutout in the second half, and the offense coming on late there, that's the definition of a team victory," safety Kevin Byard said.
"In the end, winning is the only thing that matters," Hurts said. "If we continue to find ways to do that, it's a great thing for us."
PHI QB Jalen Hurts: 14/22. 150 yards, 1 INT
KC QB Patrick Mahomes: 24/43, 177 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
PHI RB D'Andre Swift: 12 rushes, 76 yards, 1 TD
KC RB Isiah Pacheco: 19 rushes, 89 yards
PHI WR DeVonta Smith: 6 rec., 99 yards
KC TE Justin Watson: 5 rec., 53 yards, 1 TD
PHI S Kevin Byard: 8 tackles, 2 PD, 1 INT, 1 FR
PHI S Bradley Roby: 5 tackles. 1 FF
PHI LB Haason Reddick: 4 tackles, 1 sack
KC DT Chris Jones: 5 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 QBH, 4 TFL
KC CB Trent McDuffie: 4 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 TFL, 1 QBH, 1 PD, 1 FF
KC CB L'Jarius Sneed: 3 tackles, 2 PD, 1 INT
PHI K Jake Elliott: 3/3 XP, 3 points
KC K Harrison Butker: 1/1 PAT. 2/2 XP, 5 points