A big day from Dallas Goedert and a strong defensive performance in the second half helped the Eagles improve to 5-0 for the fourth time in franchise history.
"The defensive staff did a nice job adjusting," said Eagles Head Coach Nick Sirianni. "It is about the players that went out there and executed."
Find out how it happened:
- TOUCHDOWN! Dallas Goedert found the end zone for the first time this season! The tight end caught four passes for 45 yards as the offense marched down the field with ease on the opening drive of the game. Jalen Hurts was 6-of-7 with 54 yards passing and added a 10-yard rush. Jake Elliott made the extra point. (Eagles 7 - Rams 0)
- "Jalen did a nice job of getting him the football today," Sirianni said.
- "It was great to have some looks early, pop some pads, make some plays," Goedert said. "I knew going in I might see the ball early and the defense reacted the way we thought it would. It was fun out there."
- The Rams answered on their opening drive with a touchdown to level the score. Tutu Atwell caught a pass from Matthew Stafford on a 3-yard out route. Cooper Kupp caught six passes for 56 yards in his season debut as the Rams also marched won the field with relative ease. (Eagles 7 - Rams 7)
- "We want to start better than we did, but we got things right," Darius Slay said. "We went back to basics in the second half and (Kupp) only caught, what, two passes in the second half? Great team effort."
- Field Goal! With the half flying by, Jake Elliott capped off an 8:24 drive with a 34-yard field goal. Hurts used his legs, especially on this drive. (Eagles 10 - Rams 7)
- The Rams switched things up with a quick drive that ended in a touchdown. Puka Nacua beat James Bradberry on the sideline and caught a 22-yard pass for the score. (Rams 14 - Eagles 10)
- TOUCHDOWN! With two seconds left on the clock, the Brotherly Shove came up clutch. Jalen Hurts sneaked from the 1-yard line as time expired to give the Eagles a three-point lead going into the half. A.J. Brown's 38-yard catch set the offense up in great field position. Two major penalties on the Rams gave the Eagles the opportunity to push Hurts into the end zone. The drive was four plays for 75 yards in just 32 seconds. (Eagles 17 - Rams 14)
- SACK! Jalen Carter got home to take down Matthew Stafford on the Rams' first drive of the second half.
- "The way the defense played in the second half was outstanding," Hurts said.
- After two big catches from Goedert, Hurts looked for Brown in the end zone but had his pass intercepted by Ahkello Witherspoon at the goal line.
- Field Goal! Jake Elliott drilled his second field goal of the day with a 26-yard kick. On third-and-goal, Hurts had Quez Watkins wide open in the end zone but was unable to find him. (Eagles 20 - Rams 14)
- Field Goal! Jake Elliott made it a two-score game with his second 26-yard field goal of the game. (Eagles 23 - Rams 14)
- "We need to be better in the red zone," Hurts said. "But we are taking steps in a positive direction."
- SACK! Haason Reddick chased Stafford down for his second sack of the season on third down.
- SACK! Back-to-back quarterback sacks for Reddick! He flew in to take down the veteran passer for a loss of 13 yards on fourth down as the Eagles took over on downs.
- "He was our closer today," Sirianni said of Reddick. "He had two big-time sacks. I told you they come in bunches. That was awesome to see."
"That is a good football team that we beat today," Sirianni said.
PHI QB Jalen Hurts: 25/38, 303 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
LA QB Matthew Stafford: 21/37, 222 Yards, 2 TD
PHI QB Jalen Hurts: 15 carries, 72 yards, 1 TD
LA RB Kyren Williams: 13 carries, 53 yards
PHI WR A.J. Brown: 6 rec., 127 yards
LA WR Cooper Kupp: 8 rec., 118 yards
PHI S Reed Blankenship: 7 tackles
PHI DT Jalen Carter: 4 tackles, 2 sacks
PHI LB Haason Reddick: 2 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 QB hits
LA LB Ernest Jones: 15 tackles, 3 TFLs
LA S Jordan Fuller: 12 tackles, 1 PD
PHI K Jake Elliott: 3/3 FG, 2/2 PAT, 11 points
LA K Brett Maher: 2/2 PAT, 2 points
– Written by Owen Boyle