There was plenty of intrigue regarding the injury situation for both the Eagles and the Dallas Cowboys entering Sunday night's matchup.
Here is the list of the inactive players for the Eagles:
• LB Nigel Bradham: Suffered an ankle injury last week in Minnesota. Nathan Gerry replaced Bradham as the middle linebacker against the Vikings in the base package. The Eagles hinted at more reps on defense for rookie T.J. Edwards this week. The lineup also depends on how the Eagles defend the Cowboys' run-centric offense. Will the Eagles play a lot more base 4-3 like they did last week, or operate primarily out of their subpackages? Also, Alex Singleton, promoted from the practice squad this week, is active for his first NFL game.
• C/G Nate Herbig: Six of the seven inactives were already known on Friday because of injuries. The rookie lineman is the seventh. The Eagles will have Matt Pryor and Halapoulivaati Vaitai as the backup offensive linemen. Rookie defensive end Shareef Miller is active for the first time in his career.
• WR DeSean Jackson: The big playmaker is getting closer, but remains sidelined with the abdomen injury that's kept him out since early in the Week 2 matchup in Atlanta. Mack Hollins remains the starter opposite Alshon Jeffery outside.
• DT Tim Jernigan: Also sidelined since Week 2 in Atlanta with a foot injury. Hassan Ridgeway starts alongside Fletcher Cox with Akeem Spence coming off the bench. The Eagles can also move Brandon Graham and other ends inside in pass rush situations.
• CB Avonte Maddox: Remains out with the concussion and neck injuries suffered in the Week 4 win in Green Bay. Orlando Scandrick has worked as the nickel cornerback in Maddox's absence. Good news is that both Ronald Darby and Jalen Mills are active. Darby has been out since Week 3 with a hamstring injury. Mills was put on the active roster Saturday after a week of practice. He hasn't played since the October 28, 2018 matchup in London against Jacksonville. Will Darby and/or Mills be able to play a full game? The Eagles have six cornerbacks active.
• T Jason Peters: Out with a knee injury suffered last week in Minnesota. Rookie first-round pick Andre Dillard makes his first career start. Dillard is set to see plenty of veteran defensive end Robert Quinn, who leads the Cowboys with five sacks.
• RB Darren Sproles: Sidelined for a second straight game with a quadriceps injury. Boston Scott is the third running back and punt returner.
Looking at the Cowboys' inactives, this means:
• Both starting tackles Tyron Smith and La'el Collins are active. They were both questionable after not playing last week against the New York Jets.
• The Cowboys have two of their top receiving options back with Amari Cooper and Randall Cobb active. Cooper exited last week's game early and Cobb was out. Cooper and Cobb were questionable going into the game.
• Starting cornerback Byron Jones is active. He, too, was questionable. Nickel cornerback Anthony Brown is out.