The Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders are proud to announce their squad for the 2021 season. This year's team features 11 new members, as well as 21 returning veterans. Hundreds of candidates auditioned, spanning across 24 states in addition to Japan, Taiwan, Mexico, and Canada.
Over the course of three months and several elimination rounds, 48 contestants made it to the final audition, where they showcased their talent and individuality with a creative solo performance. The 11 new members feature a published author and historian, press secretary for the U.S. House of Representatives Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, and Operation Smile global partnerships coordinator who recently worked in Koforidua, Ghana to coordinate a cleft lip and cleft palate surgical program.
"We are thrilled to announce our squad for the 2021 season," said Barbara Zaun, Eagles Director of Entertainment Teams. "As ambassadors for the organization, the Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders embrace meaningful engagement with our fans and have a strong connection with the community. This year's newly selected cheerleaders will have an integral role in welcoming our extraordinary fans back to Lincoln Financial Field."
The Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders are brand ambassadors and entertainers. Comprised of both women and men, they are professional, talented, community-minded individuals that represent the Eagles organization year-round. As brand ambassadors, the cheerleaders have a unique platform to serve as role models through their involvement in Eagles youth programs, raise awareness and funds for important causes such as Eagles Autism Foundation, and communicate initiatives as media representatives for the team. They are driven to make a positive impact on the people and world around them. The squad is diverse, socially conscious, and celebrates authenticity.
Get to know the new Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders:
• Cassie Boone is from Horsham, PA. She graduated from St. Joseph's University with a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration. Cassie is currently pursuing a master's degree at Gwynedd Mercy University.
• Shelby Carr is from Thornton, CO. She is the author of "The Queen of Denver: Louis Sneed Hill and the Emergence of Modern High Society." Shelby is a Gilded Age Women's Historian and earned a Master of Arts in American history from the University of Colorado Denver. In the fall, she will be pursuing a Ph.D. in American women's history at Temple University.
• C'yana Denby is from Owings Mills, MD. She graduated from Towson University in December with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in digital art and design with concentrations in animation, illustration, graphic design, and web design. C'yana is a commercial model and plans to pursue a career in digital media. She currently serves as Miss Earth USA - ECO, utilizing her platform to promote environmental responsibility.
• Ariana Dunbar is from Virginia Beach, VA. She currently serves as global partnerships coordinator at Operation Smile where she recently traveled to Koforidua, Ghana to coordinate a cleft lip and cleft palate surgical program. Ariana was selected to aid in the establishment of the Peace Corps program in Timor-Leste, one of the world's newest countries, post-conflict. During this time, she learned to speak Tetum and served as an interpreter for English-speaking doctors from the U.S. Navy's Mercy Hospital Ship and Tetum-speaking patients. She is a FEMA Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Member, and participated in numerous relief trips, including eight after Hurricane Katrina. She graduated from Salve Regina University with a B.A. degree in international studies.
• Deja Gaskins is from King of Prussia, PA. She earned a Master of Business Administration degree from West Chester University of Pennsylvania. Deja is the staffing coordinator at Connecting the Pieces (CTP). CTP provides services for children with special education needs.
• Jaime Gialloreto is from Woolwich Township, NJ. She graduated from Loyola University Maryland in May. As Miss New Jersey 2018 (Miss America organization), Jaime served as the state's Goodwill Ambassador for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. She is passionate about her food awareness platform, Don't Get Nutty.
• Angel Golphin is from Philadelphia, PA. She graduated from Shippensburg University with a Bachelor of Science degree in business. Angel is a talent acquisition consultant for a technology company. She also volunteers as a Big Sister for the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization.
• Mayah Henriques is from Bensalem, PA. She is a professional dancer and pursuing a business administration degree at Cairn University.
• Haiya Kofler is from Washington, D.C. She currently serves as the press secretary and digital director for the U.S. House of Representatives Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis under Chairman and Majority Whip James E. Clyburn. Prior to her current role, she was the digital press secretary for the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Reform. Haiya graduated from UC Berkeley with a Bachelor of Arts degree in rhetoric and public discourse. She earned a certificate in sports business and management from Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania.
• James LeGette is from Philadelphia, PA. He is an instructional assistant with Neshaminy School District. James graduated from Bucks County Community College in December with an associate degree in mathematics. He has proudly been involved with the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization as a Big Brother.
• Lucia Petrongolo is from Williamstown, NJ. She is a graduate of St. Joseph's University with a degree in early education and special education. Lucia teaches first grade at MaST Community Charter School III in Philadelphia, PA.