Doug Pederson was in a good mood as he strolled to the podium for his press conference Saturday morning. Pederson was holding his playcall sheet and a reporter asked if he could hold it for him. Pederson told the reporter that he wouldn't understand it before joking that "it's all runs, by the way."
The head coach has been able to maintain a positive attitude throughout the ups and downs of the first 12 weeks of the season. Entering Monday night's showdown with Washington, the Eagles are coming off a season-saving win over the Giants, one in which the team rallied from a 19-3 deficit, and are about to get some key players back in the lineup. Here's the injury report from the head coach:
• RB Josh Adams: The rookie running back suffered a hip injury and was added to Saturday's update. He was limited on Saturday and is questionable for Monday.
• DE Michael Bennett: He was out of practice on Thursday and Friday because of the foot injury he incurred against the Giants, but will "be fine," says Pederson. "He's been a dominant force," Pederson added when talking about the team leader in sacks with 6.5 on the year. Update: Bennett is officially questionable for Monday.
• CBs Rasul Douglas and Sidney Jones: Pederson said Jones (hamstring) has done well in practice and should be available. Jones told us on Friday that he's set to start on the outside against Washington. Like Jones, Douglas (knee, ankle) is also on track and told us earlier in the week he would be good to go on Monday. Update: Neither player appeared on the game report, meaning they will play on Monday.
• LB Jordan Hicks: The linebacker is officially out with a calf injury.
• S Avonte Maddox: The rookie is out with ankle and knee injuries.
• CB Jalen Mills: The corner is out with a foot injury.
• T Jason Peters: He's been away dealing with a personal issue. Pederson is "very optimistic" that he plays on Monday night. Update: Peters was not on the game report, so he will play Monday.
• RB Darren Sproles: Sidelined by hamstring injuries since Week 1, Sproles said on Friday that he "plans to play" against Washington. Pederson said that he would love to get Sproles involved in the punt return game and in the mix on third down. Update: Sproles is officially questionable for Monday.