With football news slowing and the Eagles and their fans beginning the waiting game until the opening of training camp (41 days!), it's time to take a look at some of the more interesting facts about your favorite Eagles.
Did you know?
- The Eagles have more players on their roster from the Southeastern Conference (13) than from any other conference. Five of those players are recent draft picks. The conference with the second-most players on the roster is the Atlantic Coast Conference with 11 (including Michael Vick, who attended Virginia Tech when it was still a Big East school).
- Jordan Norwood's father Brian is currently the defensive coordinator at Baylor University, where he serves under head coach Art Briles, who was Kevin Kolb's head coach at the University of Houston.
- Eldra Buckley's father James is the mayor of Oakland, MS, a small town of about 600 people.
- A decorate high school athlete, linebacker Omar Gaither played on the same AAU basketball team with former high-scoring Wake Forest guard Justin Gray, who now plays professionally in Europe.
- Defensive linemen Victor Abiamiri and Trevor Laws roomed together for two years while they both attended Notre Dame University.
- On a loaded high school football team in Aldine, TX, defensive end Juqua Parker was teammates with two other future NFL players: wide receiver David Boston and running back Dominic Rhodes.
- Defensive tackle Mike Patterson was a California all-state wrestler at Los Alamitos high school.
- Wide receiver Hank Baskett holds the New Mexico high school record with a 7'0" high jump. He would go on to capture the Mountain West championship in high jumping as a junior at the University of New Mexico.
-- Posted by Bo Wulf, 6:45 p.m., June 15