Head coach Andy Reid set the rotation for the preseason opener against Pittsburgh, pretty much as he has done in the past. Some of what Reid said about the football game on Thursday night ...
- A handful of players won't play, a list that Reid named that had the following names: defensive ends
Jason Babinand Trent Cole, safety Nate Allen, tight end Brent Celek, linebacker Jamar Chaney, wide receiver Riley Cooper, cornerback Cliff Harrisand offensive guard Brandon Washington.
- The four quarterbacks will play a quarter each, meaning that
Michael Vickwill play for one quarter, followed by Mike Kafka, Nick Folesand Trent Edwards.
- The rest of offense and defense will play three deep in the rotation.
- The defensive line will rotate and will likely break down and play one half each.
- The team released fullback Jeremy Stewart and added defensive tackle John Gill. It's very possible, then, that both Gill and newly signed linebacker
Adrian Motenwill see some playing time, even though they are not well versed at all in the defensive schemes. The coaches may just want to see what the young players can show on the field.