The Philadelphia Eagles and ARAMARK, Lincoln Financial Field’s exclusive food and beverage partner, secured three major culinary acquisitions in the offseason, further expanding the stadium’s menu offerings for hungry Eagles fans.
Renowned chefs and restaurateurs, Jose Garces (Iron Chef and owner of 15 restaurants including Amada and Distrito), Marc Vetri (James Beard winner and Head Chef/Owner of Amis, Vetri, Alla Spina and Osteria) and Peter McAndrews (Chef/Owner of Modo Mio, Monsu, Paesano's and Popolino) have each joined the Eagles’ roster and will offer signature items to fans on the concessions and/or club levels of Lincoln Financial Field.
The new partnership brings several items from one of each chef’s popular restaurants in Philadelphia:
CHEF MARC VETRI / ALLA SPINA
• Mortadella Hot Dog with spicy pickles and cabbage relish
• North Philly Sausage Cheesesteak on a pretzel roll
• Veggie Burger with lettuce, tomato, red onion and cheddar
CHEF JOSE GARCES / DISTRITO
• Tacos de Pollo – Chicken ropa vieja, queso fresco and crema
• Carnitas Tacos with pineapple jicama salsa, black beans and shaved radishes
• Homemade Guacamole, Salsa & Chips
CHEF PETER MCANDREWS / PAESANO’S
• Paesano’s Brisket Sandwich – Beef brisket, horseradish mayo, roasted tomatoes, pepperoncino, sharp provolone and fried egg
• Chicken Diavlo – Spicy chicken breast with salami, roasted tomatoes, broccoli rabe, herb cheddar spread and sharp provolone
• Tuscan Tony Hot Dog – Sopressata wrapped all-beef dog with Bolognese, sharp provolone and Italian long hots
• Meatloaf Parmesan – Crispy Italian-style meatloaf, red sauce, fresh mozzarella and sharp provolone
• Zawzeech Sweet Italian Sausage Sandwich – Sweet Italian sausage with caramelized peppers & onions, sharp provolone and pepperoncino
“Providing our fans with the highest quality sports and entertainment experience has, and always will be, one of the most important organizational goals for us,” said Leonard Bonacci, Eagles Vice President of Event Operations and Event Services.
“These amazing chefs are considered institutions in Philadelphia and we are very excited about this partnership. From our standpoint, attending an Eagles game at Lincoln Financial Field should include friends and family, food and football. It should consist of a great product on the field as well as a great product off the field. I am proud to say that this partnership, with some of the region’s most prominent chefs, will enhance our fans' game day experience.”
“We are committed to growing the authentic Philadelphia food experience at Lincoln Financial Field and continue to expand our roster of local partners and Philadelphia fan favorites. The introduction of chefs Vetri, Garces and McAndrews brings unique Philadelphia flavors to the stadium, further enriching the game day experience for hungry fans,” said Rick Brown, General Manager, ARAMARK at Lincoln Financial Field.
“Food is a huge part of the experience of going to a football game and cheering your team on, and that is definitely true at Lincoln Financial Field,” said Chef Vetri. “I’ve been an Eagles fan all my life, so it’s really exciting to have Alla Spina serve some of its signature sandwiches at the stadium this season.”
"As someone who knows how important game day is to fans, we are thrilled that the Philadelphia Eagles, Lincoln Financial Field and ARAMARK have made us a part of the experience," said Chef Garces. "We look forward to bringing a new flavor to the field this season."
“Nothing comes close to football season in this city, so it’s very humbling to think that I will be integrated into that electrifying atmosphere,” said Chef McAndrews. “We have a great culinary menu in store for everyone at Lincoln Financial Field this season, from local favorites to signature dishes, so it’s certainly an exciting time for all of us.”
In addition to the new menu items from the celebrity chefs, ARAMARK Executive Chef James Hennessey has created several new signature items exclusively for Lincoln Financial Field for the 2013 season.
NEW Signature Items
• 2 Minute Warning Brisket Sandwich – Slow braised, on freshly baked Amoroso roll, with homemade bacon mayo and crumbled bleu cheese
• Chicken Parmesan Sandwich with fresh mozzarella and homemade marinara sauce
• The Blitz BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger with house made spicy pickles, crispy onions and homemade BBQ sauce
• Italian Market Nacho – Homemade sausage Bolognese, mozzarella cheese sauce, house made ricotta and fresh jalapenos on a bed of corn chips
NEW Local Favorites
Lincoln Financial Field brings together Philadelphia’s favorite tastes and flavors, all under one roof. New local items added to this season’s menu include:
• Seasons Pizza available in all pizza stands in general concessions
• Melt Down assorted grilled cheese sandwiches, sweet potato fries and tater tots
• Tony Luke’s Roast Pork Italian Sandwich
• Chickie’s & Pete’s Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteak
• Bassett’s Original Burgers & Fresh Cut Fries, The Mac n Cheese Burger & The Picnic Burger – w/ pulled pork, coleslaw, cheese and BBQ sauce
• Tony Luke’s Cheesesteaks
• Chickie’s & Pete’s Buffalo Chicken Cutlets and Crab Fries
• The Schmitter from McNally’s Tavern
• Planet Hoagie Roasted Veggie Wrap, Chicken Italiano and assorted hoagies, wraps & salads
• Bassett’s Original Memphis BBQ Smoked Pork, Jambalaya and 3 handed Chili
• Federal Pretzel Twisted Soft Pretzels
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free & Kosher Options
Named the most vegetarian-friendly NFL stadium the past two seasons (2012, 2011), Lincoln Financial Field continues to expand dining options for fans with special dietary preferences.
This year’s menu includes veggie wraps, veggie steak sandwiches, vegetarian hot dogs, black bean burgers, garden burgers, and hummus with carrot and celery sticks. The menu also features gluten-free hot dogs and rolls, snacks, juices and beer, as well as gluten-free baked goods from Sweet Christine’s. There’s even a kosher food stand, featuring a kosher dog and other Kosher specialties.
The Dapper Dog, Distrito (Garces’ taco truck formerly known as Guapos Tacos) and Chewy’s food trucks will be returning to HeadHouse Plaza, along with a rotation of other popular Philadelphia food trucks. Fans arriving early will also find a wide selection of menu offerings including Bassett’s BBQ ribs, jambalaya, chili and sandwiches and The Schmitter, on HeadHouse Plaza.