ARLINGTON, TX -- Before the game started on Sunday night,
Van Buren won the rushing titles in 1945 (832 yards), 1947 (1,008 yards), 1948 (945 yards) and in 1949 (1,146 yards).
In the second quarter, McCoy etched his name atop the franchise record books for most rushing yards in a single season. With a dazzling 16-yard run where he faked a defender to his right before dashing up the middle, McCoy broke Wilbert Montgomery's mark of 1,512 in 1979.
McCoy had 1,476 yards entering Sunday's game, ahead of Kansas City's Jamaal Charles and Minnesota's Adrian Peterson. McCoy, named to his second Pro Bowl on Friday night, was also poised to make a major mark in the Eagles' history books. The marks below were prior to kickoff.
- Leads the NFL in rushing (1,476), yards from scrimmage (2,012), attempts (287), and total touches (338), and ranks 2nd in first downs (94). He also leads the league with 42 rushes of 10 yards. Was the first running back in the NFL this year to eclipse the 1000-yard plateau
- His 1,476 rushing yards this season currently ranks 2nd in team history, as he is 36 yards shy of the team record set by Wilbert Montgomery (1,512) in 1979 … Is on track to be the first Eagle to lead the NFL in rushing since Steve Van Buren in 1949, the first Eagle to lead the NFL in yards from scrimmage since Brian Westbrook in 2007, and the first Eagle to do so in both categories since Steve Van Buren in 1947
- His 2,012 yards from scrimmage are a career-best as it ranks 2nd in team history for a single-season. He is 92 yards shy of the team record set by Brian Westbrook in 2007 and one of three Eagles ever to go over 2,000 scrimmage yards as Willbert Montgomery amassed 2,006 yards in 1979
- Has rushed for 150 yards in four games this year, including an Eagles record 217 yards vs. Detroit on 12/8. No other NFL player has more than one 150 rushing game in 2013
- He is the only player in team history to notch 4 games of 150 rushing yards in a single season
Eagles History – Most Rushing Yards in a Season
1. Wilbert Montgomery – 1,512 (1979)
2. LeSean McCOy – 1,476 (2013)
Eagles History – Most Yards From Scrimmage in a Season
1. Brian Westbrook – 2,104 (2007)
2. LeSean McCoy – 2,012 (2013)
With one more game of 150 yards this season, RB LeSean McCoy would become the 10th player in NFL history to notch 5 such games in one year, joining Earl Campbell (7 in 1980), Adrian Peterson (7 in 2012), Jim Brown (6 in 1963), O.J. Simpson (6 in 1973, 5 in 1975), Shaun Alexander (5 in 2004), Terrell Davis (5 in 1998), Ahman Green (5 in 2003), Walter Payton (5 in 1977), and Barry Sanders (5 in 1997 and 1994) … McCoy has six 100-yard games this season, a personal best that ranks third on the team’s single-season list behind Wilbert Montgomery (8 in 1981 and 7 in 1979) … The Eagles are 15-3 in McCoy’s 18 career 100-yard games