The time is here, the Eagles are on the clock in the Fan Mock Draft. Months of tireless speculation have finally brought us to this, the moment of truth. Assuming the Eagles do not trade up or down and retain the 22nd pick in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft, who will be selected as the newest member to don the midnight green?
The Eagles are coming off a renaissance 2013 season, Chip Kelly’s first as a head coach in the NFL. The despair of 2012 morphed into optimism and hope for the future as the Eagles banded together to overcome a 1-3 start and finish 10-6, champions of the NFC East. The offense, behind
General manager Howie Roseman is a staunch proponent of taking the best player available because that is the optimal way to build for the future. What if the best player on the Eagles’ draft board at 22 is a quarterback prospect who has fallen? Would the Eagles, even with a Pro Bowl quarterback in Foles as the starter, pull the trigger on Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater?
Though the Eagles re-signed
Looking at the defense, the pass rushers are topped by Auburn’s Dee Ford and Georgia Tech’s Jeremiah Attaochu. The best cornerbacks remaining on the board are Virginia Tech’s Kyle Fuller, Ohio State’s Bradley Roby and TCU’s Jason Verrett. Alabama’s Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Louisville’s Calvin Pryor are off the board at safety, but Northern Illinois’ Jimmie Ward is there for the taking. Linebacker C.J. Mosley could have been in the mix, too, had he not been selected by the Packers a pick before, so maybe the Eagles shift their focus to Ryan Shazier and see him as a capable inside linebacker in their 3-4 scheme?
You have waited a long time, and now’s your chance to have your voice heard. Who do you want to see the Eagles pick at 22?
1. Houston Texans -- LB Jadeveon Clowney
2. St. Louis Rams -- T Greg Robinson
3. Jacksonville Jaguars -- QB Johnny Manziel
4. Cleveland Browns -- WR Sammy Watkins
5. Oakland Raiders -- LB Khalil Mack
6. Atlanta Falcons -- OT Jake Matthews
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- WR Mike Evans
8. Minnesota Vikings -- QB Blake Bortles
9. Buffalo Bills -- TE Eric Ebron
10. Detroit Lions -- CB Justin Gilbert
11. Tennessee Titans -- DE/OLB Anthony Barr
12. New York Giants -- OT Taylor Lewan
13. St. Louis Rams -- S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
14. Chicago Bears -- DT Aaron Donald
15. Pittsburgh Steelers- CB Darqueze Dennard
16. Dallas Cowboys -- DE Kony Ealy
17. Baltimore Ravens -- S Calvin Pryor
18. New York Jets -- WR Odell Beckham
19. Miami Dolphins -- T Zack Martin
20. Arizona Cardinals -- QB Derek Carr
21. Green Bay Packers -- LB C.J. Mosley