Eagles Launch Treating Animals With Kindness (TAWK) Initiative
On Monday, Oct. 12, the Eagles announced the launch of the Treating Animals With Kindness (TAWK) initiative. TAWK is a new comprehensive community outreach initiative to reduce the abuse of animals, promote responsible adoption, encourage spay and neuter and put an end to dog fighting through increased public education and awareness.
TAWK was developed in collaboration with animal welfare experts and will benefit from the reach of the Philadelphia Eagles' brand to advocate for responsible care and treatment of animals in the region and beyond.
Christina Lurie, Eagles Owner and Eagles Youth Partnership President and Joe Banner, Eagles President will be joined by Dana Spain, PAWS President; Karel Minor, Humane Society of Berks County Executive Director; and Wayne Pacelle, Humane Society of the United States President and will share the details of the initiative and announce a one half million dollar commitment for a grant program to support animal welfare organizations.
From left: Wayne Pacelle, Joe Banner, Christina Lurie, Dana Spain and Karel Minor
The Eagles organization will provide a matching grant of $50,000 each for three initial programs:
- End Dogfighting Program - Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) will bring their grassroots, preventative method to tackle dogfighting to Philadelphia,
- Low-cost Spay and Neuter Facility - Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) to support the construction of a low-cost spay and neuter facility in Philadelphia,
- Mobile Veterinary Clinic - Berks County Humane Society (BCUS) to support their new mobile veterinary clinic that will serve neighborhoods in Reading, Chester and parts of Philadelphia, PA.
The Eagles are also announcing the Eagles TAWK series, a public service campaign and a dedicated Web site.
- TAWK Series - The TAWK Series will bring animal experts to local elementary and middle schools to educate students on responsible pet care and the amazing abilities that dogs have as working and service animals.
- Public Service Campaign - In collaboration with the animal advocacy community, the public service campaign will involve Eagles players and will educate the public on critical animal welfare issues and inspire action among target audiences.
- TAWK Web site - An educational website about the TAWK program will be available through the PhiladephiaEagles.com webpage. The website includes not only information and updates about the TAWK program, but detailed facts about animal welfare issues as well. The website will be used to link our fans with animal organizations throughout the area.
- Promotional Executions - The Eagles will develop and execute comprehensive media strategies to promote TAWK and other related causes. Promotional outlets including Eagles Television Network produced shows such as the Donovan McNabb Show, the Andy Reid Show and the Eagles Kid's Club Show will be included.
- Organizational collaboration - The Eagles will support animal welfare organizations in their fundraising and awareness programs by committing various Eagles personnel and resources to expand their efforts.
Click here to see photos from the launch of TAWK